Warning: This post contains adult concepts
A delicate topic, but one that deserves to be talked about because so many people go to Chiang Mai (see our Chiang Mai travel guide to find out why) either as a travel destination or on their way to the Mekong River and Chiang Rai, hoping to find a Thai girl friend or maybe even a Thai wife. And because the beautiful Thai girls in Chiang Mai bars are very friendly, especially to western visitors. But there are some do’s and don’ts you need to understand if you are looking for love in Chiang Mai, or even if you are just looking for a Chiang Mai escort to help you enjoy your stay. If you’re also going to Phuket, don’t forget to check out Thai girls in Phuket!
First of all, it helps if you understand that many of the friendliest girls in Chiang Mai are working girls of one kind or another. The friendliest of all are usually bar girls (and that doesn’t mean Thai women who work behind the bar, although some do) and “body massage” girls. These girls want just one thing from you … your money. And if you have plenty of money and don’t mind spending it on them, you’ll do just fine. See which girl-griendly Chiang Mai hotels allow you to bring girls back to your room.
Chiang Mai massage parlours
Let’s talk a little about “massage parlours” first. There are lots of these in Chiang Mai, and some even offer pretty good traditional massages, but many are fronts for naughty girls and prostitution. But Thai girls in Chiang Mai are not like Pattaya girls, they are much more reserved and less obvious. Because there’s been a crack-down on them in recent years, the sex parlours tend to be hidden away more these days but that doesn’t mean they are necessarily hard to find. Look around the big entertainment complexes for small shops with mirrored shop-fronts – these allow the girls to see you walking past (and usually come out) but stop the police from seeing what’s going on inside.
The Thai women in these “massage parlours” are typically busy and business-like, so if this is your taste in Chiang Mai girls, don’t expect too much loving or even intimacy from them. For the most part you’ll get a bubble bath, a romp in the sack and a tour of the front door, all in less than an hour. And you’ll pay around 1000-2000 Baht for the privilege, depending on how much you haggle. And you will most likely come away with more than you bargained for, as sexual diseases (including HIV) are not uncommon.
There is another flavour of “massage parlour” in Chiang Mai, sometimes called a “dirty massage”. This is similar to the traditional oil massage you get in a real massage parlour, except of course it goes the extra mile … if you know what I mean. Sometimes these are offered “on the side” by girls in traditional massage parlours too, but don’t expect it or you may be both disappointed and distressed by the response. The best place to find “dirty massages” is around the Loi Kroh Road area, and you will pay about 500 Baht more than for a traditional massage.
Girly bars in Chiang Mai
So what about the “girly bars“? There’s plenty of them in Chiang Mai and the Thai women who hang around them are usually pretty outgoing and friendly to western (and even Asian) tourists. Not all the girls who hang around in bars in Chiang Mai are prostitutes, so don’t assume anything – many are girls who have respectable day jobs and go to these places to meet a foreigner who might change their life, if even for a few weeks. Often there are no expectations of a long-term relationship, although some will definitely be looking for husbands – especially rich husbands (and when you flash big bills around you certainly look rich to them).
Be aware that many of the girls in the girly bars will already have western boyfriends and even western husbands. Just because they are in a bar doesn’t mean they’re single! They may be looking for someone to pay for their drinks until their partner shows up.
Some of the popular girly bars in Chiang Mai include…
Spotlight Bar on Kotchasan Road between Loi Kroh Road and the Tha Pae Gate has sexy girls on stage and many more hanging around waiting for that special friend to walk in and buy them a drink.
Foxy Lady behind the Night Bazaar on Loi Kroh Road has prettier Thai women, but is also more expensive and offers more “range” of services.
Finally, if you can’t find what you want online, or in Loi Kroh Road, there’s a couple of other places in Chiang Mai where the desperate and lonely go to find some lovin’ …
Chiang Mai Massage Parlour on the corner of Huay Kaew Road and Cholpratan Road, next to the appropriately named Phucome Hotel, attracts its fair share of working girls, charging around 1000 to 1500 Baht. It’s a bit tacky but gets a lot of business.
Sayuri Complex on Bumrungrat Road, east of the Ping River, is a bit more upmarket but tends to get loads of Asian tourists, so it gets very busy and a bit hard to get into to. For 1000 Baht or so, you can get a massage with the lot.
Porn Phayom (also appropriately named) on the corner of Suthep Road and Wing 41 Road (the airport link) has no English signage and you have to enter through the back door.
Please, no lectures on the morals of this page. We all know there are lots of guys who are looking for this information. We’re not encouraging anyone to do this, just letting those who already will do it know the best places to go without getting into too much trouble.
Best girl-friendly bachelor hotels in Chiang Mai
If you want to be able to take a girl back to your hotel in Chiang Mai, these are the best places to stay (where you won’t be made to feel like a criminal):
- Ratchamanka Chiang Mai Hotel (from 420 Bt) – On Ratchamanka Road inside the old city, beautiful hotel, friendly staff, nice pool and grounds, clean and comfortable.
- BP Chiang Mai City Hotel (from 730 Bt) – On Ratmankha Road in the old city, good buffet breakfast, nice pool with bar, a little tired.
- Lai-Thai (from 750 Bt) – On Kotchasam Road in the old city, lovely garden, swimming pool, nice dining area, friendly staff, close to airport and station.
- Chiang Mai 2000 Hotel (from 1,060 Bt) – On Huay Kaew Road near Doi Suithep, clean and comfortable rooms, pool and sauna, 10 minutes from downtown.
- Chiang Mai Ratanakosin Hotel (from 1,200 Bt) – On Ratanakosin Road near the Ping River, good service, friendly staff, nice breakfasts, dated by large rooms.
- Maninarakorn Hotel (from 1,340 Bt) – On Sridonchai Road near the Night Bazaar, modern decor, spacious rooms, fitness centre, pool, good food, breakfast included.
- Studio99 Chiang Mai Apartments (from 2,000 Bt) – On Soi 3 off Thapae Road, quiet, spacious apartments, self-contained, great location near Night Bazaar.
- Tamarind Village (from 4,680 Bt) – On Ratchadamnoen Road in the old city, very central, great food, nicely furnished, friendly staff, close to weekend markets.
- Puripinn Hotel (from 5,175 Bt) – On Soi 2 off Charoen Muang Road over the Ping River, nice decor, lanna timber features, large balcony, nice pool, friendly staff.
- Shangri-La Hotel (from 10,890 Bt) – On Chang Klan Road south of the Night Bazaar, beautiful hotel, fantastic staff, small gym with sauna, good food, nice location.
- Four Seasons Resort (from 18,640 Bt) – On Mae Rim Old Road at Mae Rim, very private, excellent service, beautiful grounds, clean rooms with balcony, nice restaurant.
- Mandarin Oriental Dhara Dhevi Hotel (from 19,750 Bt) – On Moo 1 off Sankampaeng Road in Tha Sala, off outer ring road, luxurious, great service, serene setting, big rooms.
So what do girls in Chiang Mai look like?
Check out this YouTube video shot by Sasalimone in the Maya Cafe Chiang Mai for the answer …
Users who read this post were looking for:
- temporary girlfriend chiang mai
- porn phayom hotel chiangmai
- Thaimassage sexmassagevideo
- massage parlor chiang mai thailand waing
- chiang rai bubble massage
- thailand sex chiang mai
- escorts bazar in thailand
- sexy lady chiang mai
- loi kroh go
- finding a girl in chiang mai